This service generally includes a copyediting phase and a proofreading phase. You can opt for a simple proofreading should you require only a light revision (i.e., only correction of spelling, basic grammar, typographical mistakes, special characters, and removal of unnecessary double spaces). I can suggest you the best option after viewing the document for the first time.
In the copyediting phase, I will:
- correct the spelling, grammar, word usage, and punctuation;
- cross-check the items in the Reference section with the in-text citations;
- check for terminological consistency and accuracy;
- flag unclear sentences and propose alternatives;
- remove awkward constructions and improve the readability of individual sentences.
In the proofreading phase, I will:
- further improve the clarity of the document based on your feedback;
- remove any remaining errors (e.g., typographical, spelling, double spaces, and special characters).
Typically, the cost of this service oscillates between 0.04 – 0.05 €/word, depending on the urgency and the level of editing required (light or heavy). Please send me a sample of your document to receive a free quote.
All my rates fall within the industry standards indicated by the Editorial Freelancers Association.